Group Piano: Year 1 - Certification
In this 15-hour webinar, teachers of children ages six to nine learn meaningful ways to capitalize on the children's love of the group setting. By relating piano learning to singing and movement activities, you continue to nurture the child-musician while satisfying his desire to play an instrument. As a workshop participant, you will learn how to:
- Teach music reading following a carefully sequenced plan that results in a deep understanding of music notation.
- Engage the children in singing and moving activities which help tune the voice and refine the body to become a rhythmic, graceful instrument through which they can express music at the piano – all the while helping to internalize the songs which will become their playing repertoire.
- Build on the songs the children have come to love.
- Teach keyboard skills that facilitate playing these beloved songs on the instrument.
- Learn to adapt the Group Format to Partner Lessons using Piano Partners curriculum.
In this comprehensive musicianship program, the children are introduced to classical composers and their music, first through listening, drumming and dancing repertoire, and later in pieces learned on the piano.
Sign up for this webinar to receive:
- 15 hours of live, real-time training
- Full certification for Music Makers: at the Keyboard
- personal business and teaching mentoring
- Music Makers: at the Keyboard Teacher Guide 1
- 1 Student Book 1 with notation games and recordings
- 1 Student Book 2 with notation games and recordings
- 1 Keyboard Parent Book
Dates and Schedule:
- January 12, 2021: 2:30-4:30pm EST
- January 13, 2021: 9:30am-12:30pm, 2 hour lunch, 2:30pm-4:30pm EST
- January 14, 2021: 9:30am-11:30am, 2 hour lunch, 1:30pm-4:30pm EST
- January 15, 2021: 2:00pm-5:00pm EST
Total: $470 (Includes materials value of $187.50)
Refesher: If you are certified in Music Makers: at the Keyboard you can attend this webinar as a Refresher. Cost: $190; does not include material. Call (800) 216-6864 to register and for availability.